- James Masino Joins FutureDude as Concept Artist
- Rally on Climate Change Set for Saturday in Savannah
- Climate Strikers to Converge on Forsyth Park on Saturday
- Savannah Global Climate Strike Seeks to Involve Younger People
- How to Create Specs for Your Board Game Artist
- Brandon Rollins on Creating Art with James Masino
Film Festivals & Accolades
Best Short Narrative, Dumbo Film Festival 2020
Red Dot: Communication Design, 2019
USA Film Festival’s International Short Film & Video Competition, 2019
DUMBO Film Festival, 2021
SCAD Savannah Film Festival, 2020
IRIS PRIZE LGBT+ Film Festival, 2020
Shorts Out! Brighton FilmPride LGBTQ+ Short Film Festival, 2019
Film Shortage, 2019
Outfest Fusion, 2019
Massimadi Film Festival, 2019
Transforming Cinema Film Festival, 2018
SCAD Savannah Film Festival, 2018
Bushwick Film Festival, 2018
Oslo/Fusion International Film Festival, 2018
Outfest Los Angeles, 2018
Board Game Highlights
The Search For Planet X
- 400% funded on Kickstarter.
- Endorsed by the Planetary Society, with some versions signed by Bill Nye!
Dreams of Tomorrow
Weird Giraffe Games
- 250% funded on Kickstarter.
- Now available in retail outlets worldwide.
- Illustrated the entirety of the game.
James Masino is a New York-based CG Generalist and Digital Matte Painter with a passion for innovation, art direction, and activism.
Hailing from a small city in the Midwest with a love for art and technology, James from an early age imagined new frontiers and explored new avenues of art in the pursuit of creating. This led James to discover a passion for working in-between mediums of art, excelling in digital painting, film, and front-end development & design where he works to wield his knowledge creating immersive ideas and experiences for viewers.
James’ work appears in digital matte paintings, CG set extensions, and concept art for feature films, episodic television, and commercial ads. James’ illustration and design work has been contributed to a multitude of formats too, including in illustrations for tabletop board games, in design direction for a congressional campaign, and in front-end development with Science & Arts Engagement for The City College of New York.
James currently works at Crafty Apes VFX in New York City.
For freelance inquiries, job opportunities, or other collaboration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Activist & Volunteer Highlights
James participating in a panel about his activism on climate change with U.S. Vice President Al Gore.
NYC Metro Chapter Co-Chair
The Climate Reality Project
Climate Reality NYC
- Chaired Climate Reality’s largest national chapter of more than 1,000 members after serving for a year on the chapter’s leadership committee.
- Applied experience in grassroots political campaigns in facilitating robust on-the-ground action on climate, devising the chapter’s “Connect, Inspire, Act” campaign which aims to connect community members through events, empower and support member leadership to create change, and facilitate further action.
Homeless Outreach with NYC
Goddard Riverside & New York’s Department of Homeless Services (DHS)
- Participated in the engagement of New York’s homeless population, canvassing streets, and transporting vulnerable individuals to area shelters.
Global Climate Action Summit
- Represented Georgia’s 1st Congressional District and The Climate Reality Project at the Global Climate Action Summit in San Francisco, CA in 2018.