James Masino is a New York-based Visual Developer with a passion for innovation, art direction, activism, and creating dialogues. He has a bachelor’s degree from the Savannah College of Art in Design in Animation and Film & Television and an associate’s degree from Madison Area Technical College in Animation and Concept Development. He works as a digital matte painter at The Mill, a visual effects and animation studio for ads and film content.
James is also a freelancer, where he has done work for tabletop game companies and is published in multiple board game titles. James’ work focuses on environmental compositions and assets that build and develop unique worlds. He also independently produces and writes short films where he’s able to incorporate his concept art workflow in developing ideas.
James is also an avid activist who focuses on the issues of our time, in this pursuit, he worked on a 2018 Congressional campaign and was responsible for its ad content, ranging from a motion media graphic series, print media, billboards, and live-action ads in which he wrote and produced. James’ ambition to take his art into other mediums and work between disciplines allows him to use his experience to challenge the status quo.
- Rally on Climate Change Set for Saturday in Savannah
- Climate Strikers to Converge on Forsyth Park on Saturday
- Savannah Global Climate Strike Seeks to Involve Younger People
- United Climate Artists Site Launch
- How to Create Specs for Your Board Game Artist
- Brandon Rollins on Creating Art with James Masino
- Pangea Games: James Masino Recommendation
James participating in a panel about his activism on climate change with U.S. Vice President Al Gore.
- Chair of an arts and communications based professional network.
- Mentor to new Climate Reality Leadership Corps members.
The Climate Reality Project
- Headed the Savannah College of Art and Design Climate Reality Chapter and ran voter registration drives, registering 200 students to vote during the 2018 midterms.
Global Climate Action Summit
- Attended GCAS 2018 as a representative of Georgia’s Congressional District One and the Climate Reality Project.
Board Game Highlights
- Now available in retail outlets world wide.
- Illustrated the entirety of the game, which focused on creating an ambitious color palette.
- 400% funded on Kickstarter.
- Endorsed by the Planetary Society, with some versions signed by Bill Nye!
FOR LUNA (2019)
Writer, Art Direction, Animation Department
HUMAN FOR MAYOR (2019)
STEPPING INTO THE RING (2018)
Red Dot: Communication Design, 2019
USA Film Festival’s International Short Film & Video Competition, 2019
Outfest Los Angeles, 2018
Oslo/Fusion International Film Festival, 2018
Bushwick Film Festival, 2018
SCAD Savannah Film Festival, 2018
Transforming Cinema Film Festival, 2018
Massimadi Film Festival, 2019
Outfest Fusion, 2019
Film Shortage, 2019
Shorts Out! Brighton FilmPride LGBTQ+ Short Film Festival, 2019